Dear Friends of Bennett’s Village,
What a year it has been!
- With the City of Charlottesville’s Parks and Recreation Department, we held a series of public meetings presenting our concept designs for Bennett’s Village at Pen Park
- We hired Challenge Access, world-renowned designers of aerial adventures, to design our accessible treehouse
- We hosted the 2022 May Movement Challenge and explored new ways to move, exercise, and play
- We installed the first Communication Board at a City park to support neighbors of all ages who have communication challenges to express themselves
- We presented about Bennett’s Village and the importance of accessible play to elementary schoolchildren, community organizations, and undergraduates at the University of Virginia at the School of Commerce and School of Education
- We worked with dozens of individuals, organizations, and groups who hosted events and fundraisers to support Bennett’s Village.
- We collaborated with several non-profits in our community to consider ways of making their spaces more accessible.
- We surpassed $200,000 of the $500,000 needed for construction of the treehouse
- AND we are finalizing structural engineering plans for the treehouse decking and supports so that we can move forward with architectural design and civil engineering. Next step: develop preliminary plans to submit to the City for permitting approvals.
In order to begin construction, we need to have the funds in hand so we are actively working to raise the rest of the money needed for Phase One. We hope to raise $250,000 (half the funds) before the end of 2022! What can you do to help?
Make an End Of Year Gift:
Checks to Bennett’s Village must be postmarked December 31st for the 2022 tax year. Online donations must be completed before the clock strikes midnight! We’re so close to hitting the 50% mark for the funds needed to complete the Phase 1 Treehouse!
Make a Monthly Pledge:
Did you know that Bennett’s Village offers an easy way to make a monthly donation to the project? Go to https://bennettsvillage.betterworld.org/donate and change the drop-down default from one-time to monthly. Funds will be automatically charged to your credit card each month and you will help us get that much closer to building a place where all can play
Bennett’s Village now has the ability to accept transfers of stocks and securities. It’s a win-win! You don’t get taxed on the proceeds and Bennett’s Village gets a donation. If you are interested in making a gift of securities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Volunteer to Serve On One or More Committees:
Donating your time, especially to help coordinate fundraising and programming events, is a great way to support Bennett’s Village. To volunteer your time and talents, sign up at http://bennettsvillage.org/volunteer/ .
Hold You Own Fundraiser
There are many ways to organize your own fundraiser. We have some guidelines that can help you plan and execute your event with the proceeds going to Bennett’s Village. Email email@example.com and ask for our Third Party Events document to learn more.
Thanks for all you do to support Bennett’s Village!