In addition to our Board, Bennett’s Village also has an Advisory Committee. These individuals are invested in making our dream of creating an all-abilities multi-generational playground a reality in our community.
Members of the Advisory Committee:
- Aimee Carter, Director of Development, Miller School of Albemarle
- Bryan Harris, Director of Development and Community Relations for The Arc of the Piedmont
- Jim Herndon, Senior Peer Advocate, Independent Resource Center
- Dr. Paul Matherne, UVA Children’s Hospital
- Rosemary Miller, VPM
- Ashely Schneider, Milliken Marketing
- Lisa Torres, Home healthcare physical therapist and Chair, Charlottesville City School Board
- Juandiego Wade, Charlottesville City Council
Advisory Committee members
- Act as resources to the Bennett’s Village Board of Directors by providing counsel, guidance, and insight on issues and questions related to their special skills or background;
- Provide feedback and advice on initiatives, practices, policies, and campaigns put forth by the Board of Directors; and,
- Provide access and introductions when appropriate to community stakeholders – including donors, grantees, volunteers, community connections, potential Board and committee members, and others – that will assist in furthering the mission of Bennett’s Village.