Explore the wonders of nature available for everyone in the outdoors in this collaboration between Bennett’s Village and the Botanical Garden of the Piedmont. Discover Sonia Sotomayor’s beautiful book inviting children to Just Ask! when they encounter someone who seems different. Follow up with our outdoor activities that engage the senses and connect the outdoors with accessible art projects. Learn more about Bennett’s Village plans for an all-inclusive playground and the growing Botanical Garden of the Piedmont.
Please join us! We will need help with:
- Volunteers to man the gate and direct cars carrying those who need on-site parking spaces to designated spaces.
- Sight Station: Volunteers to help children create ribbon wands to wave to music.
- Touch Station: Volunteers to man the mystery boxes and rock collection at the touch station. Discuss with kids how the rocks feel different, what they are feeling, etc. There will also be some river rocks and paint pens for children to decorate with.
- Smell Station: Volunteers to introduce kids to different fragrant mulch and plants, smell them, rub them, and decide their favorite scent. They will also be creating non-toxic playdough and mixing in their favorite plant bits to take home their own aromatic dough.
- Photographers: Please come use your expertise to help us document our event.
- People to promote Bennett’s Village and hand registration at the Registration/Outreach table.
If you are interested in volunteering for any of these positions, please email Whitney Zhang at firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com. Let Whitney know you are a Bennett’s Village volunteer.
Rain date June 10th.